Randy MortonController - HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITALFort Worth, TX
HEALTHSOUTH REHABILITATION HOSPITAL - Fort Worth, TX-2009 to 2013
*Successfully "turned around" profitability of hospital within one year..
* Implemented department meetings each month with department managers to go over their income statement.
* Implemented and conducted teamwork's work queue reviews weekly with CBO to ensure correctness and timeliness of billed claims.
* Maintained staffing levels at below budget levels for overtime and nursing hours per patient day.
* Coordinated all meetings with department managers regarding their respective budgets.
Home Remodeling & Repair Business - Fort Worth, TX-2004 to 2008
Started business which produced $150,000 in gross revenue first year of operations.
* Full Profit and Loss responsibility for a successful home remodeling business with revenues topping $220K annually.
* Successfully hired and managed sub-contractors which resulted in numerous projects being completed timely and profitably.
* Handled all strategic planning, marketing, financial management, and accounting duties associated with business.
* Proficient in prioritizing projects and schedules with positive decision making skills.
Chief Financial Officer - Ancillary Services
LIFECARE MANAGEMENT SERVICES - Plano, TX-1999 to 2004
Implemented a new billing and auditing system that improved the overall process.
* Coordinated the due diligence process related to the selling of pharmacy division of Lifecare.
* Developed financial models to determine financial viability of providing therapy services for Skilled Nursing homes and inpatient units.
* Achieved higher profit margins at each of our field locations through strategic planning with regional managers.
Quality Financial Auditor
TENET HEALTH SYSTEMS - Dallas, TX-1996 to 1999
Conducted quality management audits to ensure facilities in compliance with corporate policies and other regulatory standards.
* Reviewed financial delivery of services for continuous quality improvements.
* Effectively collaborated with diverse group of professionals including senior management at corporate and facility levels, corporate counsel, physicians, and other key individuals and agencies.
* Implemented policies and procedures for conducting Quality Management Audits performed for 35 Home Health Agencies, 25 Skilled Nursing Units, 30 rehab units and 70 Psychiatric Hospitals.
Chief Financial Officer
THE CEDARS HOSPITAL, PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL - Dallas, TX-1995 to 1996
Supervised business office, materials management, admissions, dietary, maintenance, and housekeeping departments.
* Negotiated all managed care contracts with case managers.
* Managed negotiations for new contractual program that increased census by 20%.
INTERGRATED HEALTH SERVICES, SUB-ACUTE REHAB - Amarillo, TX-1993 to 1995
Oversaw accounting and finance for 4 facilities in accordance with external and company guidelines, regulations and standards.
* Negotiated all managed care and professional services contracts for facilities.
* Prepared monthly financial statements and supporting analysis for review with corporate.
EducationBachelor of Science in Accounting
Northwestern State University - Natchitoches, LA